Fit Mom Approved

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time. The 1 thing every Fit Mom needs


What is the one thing Fit Moms don't seem to have? Enough TIME! One thing I have been trying to do is to spend as much time with my family as possible, but to also spend a little time with each of my little girls (and hubby) one-on-one. It is a completely different experience and I get to enjoy them so much more when I am not distracted. The energy is so much more focused and I get to really "see" each of my family clearly, if you know what I mean. Here is what I did this week...




The other day, I took my 7, I mean now 8 year old to get our nails done. Normally, she and my 3 year old are fighting and bickering. This time, we were laughing, giggling, having the best time. Just the 2 of us. No drama, just smiles. Loved it and we felt closer even after a couple hours. Sounds silly, but I get so busy, I forget to spend 1-on-1 time.

My 3 year old and I got to spend an entire day together. My husband was at the Fire Dept. and my older daughter was riding her horses with her grandma at the ranch.


My youngest wanted to go to the movies and have popcorn. (We rarely go to the movies because as a Fit Mom, I find it too sedentary of an outing-when they watch TV at home.) But, it was her choice to plan our day, so we watched Despicable Me.


I watched "her" 99% of the time and loved the sparkle in her eyes that reflected from the screen, the endless laughs and smiles. It was so wonderful not to be distracted and to just sit in awe of her. I literally did not watch the movie, but watched her. I melted when she came over to me and offered me some popcorn then watched the movie sitting in my lap.


Hubby and I bribed my sister to babysit for us. I say bribe since she had a date that night she cancelled for us. No, I don't have Nannys-I always thought I would. Then after I had children I realized I don't trust anyone other than family with my kids. My husband and I had date night and went to our favorite Italian restaurant and shared a bottle of wine and a delicious, relaxing dinner. There were a few rules: No talking about household, business or kids!


So, I thought I'd share a little bit of my week with you. Love to all of you Fit Moms! More soon. I have a very important shoot next week and I am so excited to share it with you as soon as it is edited!

It's a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. I heard a great quote this weekend. "Love is spelled T-I-M-E."

    It is also so important to spend time on yourself. We should never feel guilty for taking 30 min. out of our day to exercise. After all a fit mom is a happier mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & comments with other Moms in 96 countries! Mom on a mission, Kiana Tom / Founder FitMomTV.com

Featured Posts

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!
Limited Offer: Includes FREE Fit Mom Pen & License Plate Frame with purchase!