Fit Mom Approved

Friday, May 7, 2010

EZ Fit - Grab - N - Go Snacks



I am always looking for simple, simple, simple.  It must also be healthy, healthy, healthy.  Here are some of my "go to" snacks that my family and I love. I stock up on these items every time I go to Trader Joes, Henrys, Whole Foods, Costco, Smart n Final, or Ralphs. I only pick snacks that my 3 and 7 year old will love and that are good for their little bodies.  Here are my faves...


EZ Fit: 


Eggs: Egg whites are quality protein to feed your muscles. Hard boiled eggs are an easy way to get your protein with every meal.  I just finished hard boiling a dozen eggs to grab-n-go. After boiling & cooling, I put them back into the egg container and write: Hard Boiled on the carton. 


Directions: Here is my fool proof recipe for FitMomTV hard boiled eggs:  Place eggs in pot, cover with water. Boil. Remove from heat, cover, let sit for 15 min. Rinse with cold water. Done.


86 the Chips N Dip: Try a healthier option to crunchy chips & dips. I love to buy the pre packaged mini (must be mini, they are crunchier and easier for little kids to chew) carrots & single serving hummus dip are healthy snacks. Costco sells single serving hummus packs and single serving mini carrots. So simple and satisfies the need for crunching.  "I love hummus and carrots-they make you strong!" Kiana's 3 year old.


Protein Shakes: I buy a few flavors of protein: chocolate, cafe mocha, vanilla and strawberry. I put a pre measured amount in the Fit Mom TV Shaker cup. (coming soon to our e-store!) It's easy to add cold water, soy milk, low fat milk or juice: shake, drink and go.  It's a convenient way to have when my blood sugar drops and I am STARVING! It satisfies my hunger and prevents me from eating "whatever is closest...."


Nature's Energy Bars: Pre packaged convenience foods are expensive and often loaded with preservatives.  I stock up on Nature's pre packaged foods: Tangerine cuties, bananas, oranges, apples-nature's packaged snacks. 


Go Nuts:  Trader Joe's sells pre packaged almonds and trail mix.  The trail mix has dried cranberries, almonds, walnuts, etc. and is easy to keep in your car, purse, gym bag.

Cold shoulder:  Every night I pack my 7 year old's lunch box. Then I go to the gym and buy my $20 lunch. Hmm. Fit Mom healthier-cost-effective idea: I bought the cutest lunch tote and make my own lunch too. It keeps my water, fruit, yogurt, sandwich, etc. cold all day long AND I have my healthy snacks with me in my car to keep my energy up all day. AND I save alot of money and time. 

XO Kiana www.kiana.com www.fitmomtv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & comments with other Moms in 96 countries! Mom on a mission, Kiana Tom / Founder FitMomTV.com

Featured Posts

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!
Limited Offer: Includes FREE Fit Mom Pen & License Plate Frame with purchase!