Fit Mom Approved

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Coco means Monkey Face: Benefits of Coconut Milk

In Hawaii, my friends and I would get coconuts and drink the milk.  Then we would paint the coconuts like an island canvas.  Now I enjoy doing it with my little girls.  To increase the nutritional value of the foods and protein shakes I make, I love using Reduced Fat Coconut Milk. It makes it so creamy and boosts the nutritional value. I also use it in place of water when I make rice here are more ideas...


Coco: means " Monkey Face!"

Coconut water vs. coconut milk:
The difference between the two is that coconut water is taken from the coconut before it's ripened.  Coconut milk is taken from the coconut after the coconut is ripe and it is pressed from the meat of the coconut giving it a milky white consistency.

I love adding coconut milk to my protein drinks as it provides a quick source of energy.  For avid trainers, this magic milk reduces inflammation and supports tissue healing and repair. Coconut milk is very pure. Only water is more pure. Coconut milk is full of calcium, essential vitamins/minerals and hydrates the body. It has been known to fight digestive issues and helps fight vomiting. It settles the stomach and is a good thing to drink to help cure a hang over. Monkey face milk is high in electrolytes, helps strengthen the immune system by combating digestive issues and has anti bacterial properties.  Coconut milk is beneficial to the heart, it helps to keep your arteries clean.

Coconut Oil: has been called the "healthiest oil on earth."

Tip: It's best to cut your coconut right before you drink it.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect timing for me as I have been having major digestive issues and nausea for over a year now and the doctor can only find I have cysts in my liver and kidneys that he thinks is causing it. Went and bought the coconut and a can of coconut milk today. Can I just drink the coconut milk from a glass or do I have to cook it or anything first? I'm hoping this cures my nausea as it is very frustrating.
    Thanks!!! So excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut water can best naturally fat-free and low in calories. Coconut water is makes your skin soft and smooth. Coconut water is best drink for energy level.

    Stage 4 colon cancer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & comments with other Moms in 96 countries! Mom on a mission, Kiana Tom / Founder FitMomTV.com

Featured Posts

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!

Fit Mom Shirts - back in stock! $9.95!
Limited Offer: Includes FREE Fit Mom Pen & License Plate Frame with purchase!